Economic Development Project Manager (Remote)
Camoin Associates is looking for a Remote Project Manager who is mid-career, organized, self-motivated, and willing to learn. This position is geared towards an individual ready to assume a project manager role, taking on additional responsibilities in the future. Come be part of a firm that is working around the country to support clients as they navigate ever changing economic conditions to improve the world in which people live, work, and play.
Camoin Associates is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our company is committed to a diverse and multi-cultural workforce that strives to represent the communities where we live and work. Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC), immigrants, women, LGBTQ people, individuals with disabilities, and members of other marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Project management and client service is at the core of what we do at Camoin Associates. Our project managers act as the link between our team and the client. We are looking for a team member that can provide professional and diligent project management to ensure successful completion of our projects.
The person chosen for this position will serve as a project manager and support research for a variety of projects, including real estate and industry market analysis, development feasibility studies, economic and fiscal impact analysis, and economic and workforce development strategies. The person will work closely with the firm’s project teams, leading client-management, project schedule/process, and deliverable production oversight. Example responsibilities will include:
- Management of multiple projects.
- Client communication and team project updates.
- Coordinating Camoin staff to ensure timely delivery of product.
- Preparing and monitoring project budgets and internal work plans.
- Scheduling and facilitating interviews, focus groups, committee meetings and presentations, and public meetings.
- Overseeing any sub-consultants included on projects.
- Basic administrative functions, including maintaining project information in CRM system, timekeeping, and contracting processes.
A project team at Camoin typically includes a principal, one or two research analysts, and a project manager.
- Masters level degree in economics, business, finance, policy analysis, urban planning, public administration, or other related field preferred
- Minimum two years of professional work experience, preferably five years.
- Exceptional writing, communication (verbal and written), and time management skills required.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines at once.
- Ability and willingness to travel to client-communities within the U.S. (Travel is project-dependent and can be up to once a month, 2-3 nights at a time.)
Note: those with more experience are encouraged to apply as well. We are looking for the right fit and will adjust compensation to match experience.
Additional Skills Desired:
- Ability to facilitate small and large group meetings effectively, including creating agendas and conducting follow through
- Interest and experience in economic development, strategic planning, and real estate development.
- Experience in project management, preferably in a consulting role.
- Demonstrable attention to detail and organizational skills.
- A good communicator, strong collaborator, and team player.
- Experience with consulting.
- Proficient in data analysis and research, knowledge of research methods including survey analysis and web-based research.
- Facilitation and presentation skills (virtually and in-person).
- Comfort with on-line collaboration.
Camoin Associates provides all equipment (PC, dual monitors, camera, and optional headset for video conferencing). Please note that we are only making this position available to citizens and residents with all necessary authorizations already in place (OPT does not qualify).
Compensation and Benefits:
Compensation for this position is expected to range from $60,000 – $90,000 depending on experience and education level. Camoin Associates also offers paid time off, a week off at the end of the year, 11 paid holidays, retirement contributions, health insurance, and the flexibility of 100% remote work.
Please e-mail cover letter and resume to Rachel Selsky, C/O Erin Teets at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please indicate the position you are applying for and highlight why you want to be in a position of project management at an economic development firm. If selected for further consideration, we will request additional documentation at a later date. Please no telephone inquiries.