Remote Economic Data and Research Analyst
Do great work, with a great team, for great clients.
Camoin Associates is looking for a Remote Economic Data and Research Analyst who is highly analytical, experienced with data analysis and associated tools, research oriented, organized, able to work independently, self-motivated and has either a Master’s Degree or prior professional experience. This position is geared towards individuals who have the skills needed to analyze and interpret economic and financial data, enjoy research projects, and are looking for an opportunity to use those skills to support the team in various economic development related projects. Come be part of a firm that is working around the country to support clients as they navigate ever changing economic conditions to improve the world in which people live, work, and play
Camoin Associates is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our company is committed to a diverse and multi-cultural workforce that strives to represent the communities where we live and work and we seek BIPOC and other culturally diverse candidates to apply to this position. Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC), immigrants, women, LGBTQ people, individuals with disabilities, and members of other marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
The person chosen for this position will serve as a research and data analyst for a variety of projects, including real estate and industry market analysis, housing needs assessments, development feasibility studies, economic and fiscal impact analysis, and economic and workforce development strategies. The person will work closely with the firm’s project managers and other analysts. Example projects include:
- Collecting, analyzing, and presenting data to understand the economic base of a region, including socioeconomic characteristics, industry and occupation trends, and the real estate market.
- Measuring the economic and fiscal impact of a proposed mixed-use development on the host community, including the cost of providing community services.
- Providing research and data to support projects that cover a wide range of topics, including: housing, economic resiliency, downtown revitalization, green technology, target sector trends, supply chain analysis, real estate changes, and more.
- Assisting with proposal preparation and marketing materials.
- Undergraduate and Master’s level degree in economics, finance, statistics, business, or other related quantitative field preferred.
- Two years of professional work experience may be considered as a substitute for Master’s degree.
- Strong analytic skills in data analysis and economic research, professional-level competencies in Excel, and data visualization.
- Excellent writing and communication skills required.
Additional Skills Desired:
- Experience and interest in analyzing housing trends, conducting housing needs analysis, and understanding of current housing policy and strategies is a plus.
- Aptitude for assessing and understanding numeric data and ability to identify trends and critical points.
- Ability to interpret information and succinctly articulate its meaning in written and graphic form for a non-technical audience.
- Demonstrated interest and ability in research techniques, analytical tools, and desire to utilize new tools for gaining insights into research topics.
- Knowledge of research methods including survey analysis and web-based research.
- Excellent attention to detail, time-management, and organizational skills.
- A good communicator, strong collaborator, and team player.
Camoin Associates provides all analysts with equipment (PC, dual monitors, camera, and optional headset for video conferencing). Please note that we are only making this position available to citizens and residents with all necessary authorizations already in place (OPT does not qualify).
Salary and Benefits:
Compensation for this position is expected to range from $60,000 – $80,000 depending on experience and education level. Camoin Associates also offers paid time off, a week off at the end of the year, 11 paid holidays, retirement contributions, health insurance, and the flexibility of 100% remote work.
Please e-mail cover letter and resume to Rachel Selsky, C/O Erin Teets at email@example.com. Please describe in your cover letter why you want to be in a position of research and analytics. If selected for further consideration, we will request additional documentation at a later date. Please no telephone inquiries.
Key Words: economics, finance, economic development, consultant, fiscal, grant, workforce, impact analysis, market research, administration.
About the Firm:
Since 1999, Camoin Associates’ mission has been to support our customers in their efforts to create meaningful employment opportunities. Across our service lines, we offer research, analysis, and business intelligence services that help build healthy and vibrant economies that work for all.
Camoin Associates is proud of the efforts made over the last 20 years to offer team members the opportunity to build a dynamic career that includes interaction with a wide variety of people, projects, and communities daily and regular chances for personal and professional growth.
We do great work. As a firm, we pride ourselves on being forward thinking, collaborative, and able to help clients identify and solve their critical economic development related issues. Through our work, we strive to make a positive change, create job opportunities, improve quality of life, and increase prosperity for all. It is interesting work, something different every day, and it makes a positive impact on people’s lives.
We have a great team. We care deeply about the work we do and the people we work with. As a fully remote team of 25+ employees, we have regular check-ins with all staff to foster a culture of close and trusting relationships. We strive to enable staff to work at a level that allows for a healthy life-work balance. We are supportive, collaborative, open to new ideas and approaches, and personal interests and professional development goals are encouraged to be pursued. The firm offers competitive salaries, health insurance benefits, retirement contribution, professional development support, paid time off, holidays, and a flexible work schedule.
We have great clients. Our clients include local and state government, U.S. territories, economic development organizations (EDOs), non-profit organizations, private developers, and corporations. We build long-term relationships with our clients because they trust us to provide honest, accurate, and impactful guidance on pressing decisions.
To learn more about our experience and projects in all our service areas, please visit our websites at www.camoinassociates.com.