Remote Senior Project Manager
Do great work, with a great team, for great clients.
Camoin Associates is looking for a Remote Senior Project Manager who is at least mid-career, experienced in economic development, creative and forward thinking, organized, and self-motivated. This position is geared towards an individual who has been working as a project and/or policy manager in economic development for several years, who is looking to be part of a fast-paced organization that is working around the country to support clients as they navigate ever changing economic conditions to improve the world in which people live, work, and play.
Camoin Associates is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our company is committed to a diverse and multi-cultural workforce that strives to represent the communities where we live and work and we seek BIPOC and other culturally diverse candidates to apply to this position. Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC), immigrants, women, LGBTQ people, individuals with disabilities, and members of other marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
We are looking for a team member that can provide professional and diligent project management to ensure successful completion of our more complex assignments, particularly our strategic planning projects. The senior project manager is expected to bring experience, creativity, and innovative thinking to help solve client challenges in unique and impactful ways. Project management and client service is at the core of what we do at Camoin Associates. Our project managers act as the link between our team and the client.
The person chosen for this position will serve as a senior project manager for a variety of projects across our service lines, but primarily with our strategic planning and organizational planning team. The person will work closely with the firm’s project teams, leading client-management, project schedule/process, strategy development, and deliverable production oversight. Example responsibilities will include:
- Management of multiple projects.
- Marketing and business development tasks such as proposal development and project interviews.
- Client communication and team project updates.
- Coordinating Camoin staff to ensure timely delivery of product.
- Preparing and monitoring project budgets and internal work plans.
- Scheduling and facilitating interviews, focus groups, committee meetings and presentations, and public meetings.
- Overseeing any sub-consultants included on projects.
- Travel as needed.
- Basic administrative functions, including maintaining project information in CRM system, timekeeping, and contracting processes.
A project team at Camoin typically includes a principal, one or two research analysts, and a project manager.
- Masters level degree in economics, business, finance, policy analysis, urban planning, public administration, or other related field preferred
- At least seven years of professional work experience, including time working in economic development to advance strategic goals with senior-level executives.
- Exceptional writing, communication (verbal and written), and time management skills required.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines at once.
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills (virtually and in-person).
Additional Skills Desired:
- Demonstrated interest and knowledge proficiency in strategic planning, workforce and industry analysis/strategy, leadership development, business growth, and real estate development preferred.
- Experience in project and team-based management, preferably in a consulting role.
- Ability and experience in developing recommendations and strategies based on research.
- Demonstrable attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate and represent the project team to the client
- A good communicator, writer, strong collaborator, and team player.
- Desire and ability to build a professional network, including through attendance at conferences, speaking engagements, and other events.
- Proficient in data analysis and research, knowledge of research methods including survey analysis and web-based research.
- Comfort with on-line collaboration.
Camoin Associates provides all equipment (PC, dual monitors, camera, and optional headset for video conferencing). Please note that we are only making this position available to citizens and residents with all necessary authorizations already in place (OPT does not qualify).
Salary and Benefits:
Compensation for this position is expected to range from $85,000 – $100,000 depending on experience and education level. Camoin Associates also offers paid time off, a week off at the end of the year, 11 paid holidays, retirement contributions, health insurance, and the flexibility of 100% remote work.
Please e-mail cover letter and resume to Rachel Selsky, C/O Erin Teets at firstname.lastname@example.org. If selected for further consideration, we will request additional documentation at a later date. Please no telephone inquiries.
Key Words: project manager, planning, economics, finance, economic development, consultant, fiscal, grant, workforce, impact analysis, market research, administration.
About the Firm:
Since 1999, Camoin Associates’ mission has been to support our customers in their efforts to create meaningful employment opportunities. Across our service lines, we offer research, analysis, and business intelligence services that help build healthy and vibrant economies that work for all.
Camoin Associates is proud of the efforts made over the last 20 years to offer team members the opportunity to build a dynamic career that includes interaction with a wide variety of people, projects, and communities daily and regular chances for personal and professional growth.
We do great work. As a firm, we pride ourselves on being forward thinking, collaborative, and able to help clients identify and solve their critical economic development related issues. Through our work, we strive to make a positive change, create job opportunities, improve quality of life, and increase prosperity for all. It is interesting work, something different every day, and it makes a positive impact on people’s lives.
We have a great team. We care deeply about the work we do and the people we work with. As a fully remote team of 25+ employees, we have regular check-ins with all staff to foster a culture of close and trusting relationships. We strive to enable staff to work at a level that allows for a healthy life-work balance. We are supportive, collaborative, open to new ideas and approaches, and personal interests and professional development goals are encouraged to be pursued. The firm offers competitive salaries, health insurance benefits, retirement contributions, professional development support, paid time off, holidays, and a flexible work schedule.
We have great clients. Our clients include local and state government, U.S. territories, economic development organizations (EDOs), non-profit organizations, private developers, and corporations. We build long-term relationships with our clients because they trust us to provide honest, accurate, and impactful guidance on pressing decisions.
To learn more about our experience and projects in all our service areas, please visit our websites at www.camoinassociates.com.